Cap & Kudler’s fees for tickets start at $100.00 (plus applicable fines due to the Court). Contact us today to discuss your case!
Many people view traffic violations as minor infractions. On the contrary, the reality is that these violations can change and impact your life negatively. Having a traffic violation attorney on your side could be the thin line you need between freedom and a life of legal battles.
Fines and fees can quickly add up. Points from your tickets can also add up, causing your insurance premiums to either skyrocket or result in a revoked (or worse – suspended) license. And in some cases, you might even face some jail time.
Our attorneys at Cap and Kudler have extensive experience in helping clients resolve all kinds of traffic matters. We do not underestimate the seriousness of any traffic violation. We will diligently work on your behalf to ensure the charges you face are either reduced or dismissed.
If you or a loved one has been cited for a traffic violation in Nevada, then you need to seek the services of a respected, and qualified traffic violation attorney as soon as possible. You can start by filling out the form on the right to schedule a FREE consultation with our experienced attorneys.
Traffic Violation Cases We Have Successfully Handled
We have handled several traffic violation cases in Las Vegas. Some of these include:
- Reckless Driving
- Moving Violations
- Driving Under the Influence
- Driving Without a License
- Driving with a Suspended License
- Illegal Parking
- Failure to Pay a Parking Ticket
Thanks to our vast experience, we know our way around the traffic courts and we can help you understand the potential penalties you face. Not only that, but we will also help you fight the ticket, quash warrants and protect your driving privileges.
Not sure the exact penalties to expect from your traffic violations? Schedule a FREE consultation with us today. Fill out the form on the right to get started.
Common Las Vegas Traffic Violations and Their Penalties
Unlike a large percentage of other states across the United States, Nevada considers even the smallest of traffic violations as a misdemeanor. Misdemeanors are not to be treated lightly. Hence why it is important to talk to an attorney immediately after you get a ticket.
There are several traffic violations that you or a loved one could be booked for. And each of these traffic violations come with varying degrees of penalties. One of the most common traffic violations that are issued in Las Vegas involve drivers using their cell phones while driving.
Texting and driving, which is also known as distracted driving, causes approximately 1.6 million car crashes each year nationwide. It is approximated that, one in every four car accidents in Nevada is related to the use of a mobile phone while driving.
Penalties for texting and driving varies. If you are a first-time offender, expect not more than $50 in fines. Note that the act is not treated as a moving violation. If you are booked for this offense again, the fines are steeper and penalties are harsher. When this is the case, only a good traffic attorney can help you navigate your way out.
Described below are other common Las Vegas traffic violations and their penalties:
- Aggressive Driving: When you create an unreasonable risk to other motorists, it is classified as a criminal misdemeanor. Penalties include up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1000
- Reckless Driving: When you operate your vehicle in a manner that displays a blatant disregard for other human life, it is classified as a misdemeanor. Penalties include up to six months in jail, a fine of up to $1000, and restrictions on your license.
- Speeding: There is a speed limit on every road in Nevada. Driving over that speed limit carries different fines and penalties depending on how far over the speed limit you were going when you were pulled over. Another thing to be considered is what type of area you were driving, for example, a neighborhood, school zone, or highway. And if you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs while driving.
These traffic violations are not an exhaustive list. Your case is unique and therefore, requires a professional traffic violations attorney to look over it. Scheduling a FREE consultation by filling out the form on the right is a great first step.
What Happens if You Fail to Pay Your Traffic Citation?
It is important to note that if you fail to pay for your traffic citation in record time, you risk additional fines and even the suspension of your driver’s license in a worst-case scenario.
This is not to mention the possibility of jail time – depending on the violations you breached. Bench warrants can be issued to have you arrested if you do not deal with your tickets properly and in a timely manner.
There are several reasons for a warrant to be issued. These include:
- Failure to complete traffic school
- Failure to pay your fine
- Failure to appear in court, driving school, or another designated place
When you get issued a warrant, the DMV is notified, and your license is suspended. Also, when you have a warrant out for your arrest, you may be arrested at any moment. This could be embarrassing depending on where you are when the police arrive.
As you can see, it is very important to have an experienced Las Vegas traffic attorney on your side. Helping you squash your case and get back your freedom. Fill out the form on the right to schedule a FREE consultation with us.
Hire an Experienced Las Vegas Traffic Violations Attorney
Nobody enjoys getting a traffic ticket. Whether this happened to you or your loved one, we can help. We have worked with several people in similar situations and we got everyone of them the freedom they deserve.
If you have already been issued a ticket, you have one of three options to tackle the situation:
- You could either full responsibility, enter a plea bargain and pay off the fines. This means also accepting all demerit points that come with your violation, a likely increase in your car insurance premium, and the chances of attending traffic school.
- You could also decide to fight your own battles. Remember, you have the “right” to defend yourself in traffic court. This means missed days at work, filing paperwork and a host of other legalese that you’re not used to. Things can quickly get messy especially if you don’t know what you are doing.
- Finally, you could hire an experienced Nevada traffic violations attorney. Hiring a lawyer means you do not have to miss work for you to be in court. Your lawyer can handle that. Having a great lawyer fighting your battles also means your chances of paying any fines or any other harsh punishments is significantly reduced.
Contact a Trusted Traffic Violations Attorney Today
So, which option are you going for? It is quite obvious. Fill out the form on the right to schedule a FREE consultation. Let us discuss your case and give you the BEST options to win your traffic violations case today.