Truck-related accidents are some of the most traumatic (and unforgettable) events that anybody can experience. This is because there are so many health issues involved in such a collision that even survival in some cases is nearly impossible. Some of these issues range from spinal cord injuries to broken bones, and neck and brain injuries. Additionally, the impact and effect of these injuries on the emotional state of mind are even more significant. Hence why there is long-term anxiety concerning the loss of income and depression.
Whenever you or any of your loved ones are involved (and injured) because of a trucking accident in Las Vegas, you need a Big Rig accident attorney to represent you immediately – especially if you want to salvage anything out of the situation. At Cap and Kudler, we ensure that you get your full compensation from such loss from all stakeholders involved. The parties involved in these cases are usually the truckers and the trucking companies.
Before you can determine how much your personal injury case is worth, you need to figure out the causes. The next section covers that in-depth.2
What are The Causes of Truck or Big Rig Accidents?
Taking a critical look at the causes of trucking accidents leaves one to reflect on how such silliness on the parties involved has on the lives of innocent people. This is the essence for the presence of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and Nevada state regulations. They are designed to ensure adequate safety for both truckers and the other motorists that ply the roads.
It is due to the belittlement of these regulations that leads to unquantifiable loss of lives and properties. Even when there is no loss of lives, there are usually severe cases of injuries. Examples of such causes of accidents on the part of the truckers are:
- Inattentive driving: This is when the mind is lost in thought due to being busy with other things asides driving. Examples of such distractive devices are mobile phones, CD or DVD players, adjusting the air conditioner, etc
- Excessive speed: When drivers are under the influence of alcohol or similar substances, they tend to misbehave which results in driving in unsafe conditions.
- Poor maintenance of trucks: Sometimes, the truck driver is not to blame directly. If the truck acts up due to improper maintenance, it could result in accidents. Examples of these truck maintenance includes checking the brake lights, inspecting the conditions of the tires,
- Less attention to road conditions: There’s a high possibility that the usual routes which these truckers ply every day have suddenly become bad due to a weather condition. This is more reason why the truckers have to be on the lookout for signboards or indications along the road concerning bad roads ahead.
- Drowsiness as a result of fatigue: When drivers work beyond the optimal period of driving, tiredness automatically sets in. Most times, this is because of the numerous destinations they have been instructed to cover.
- Disregard of speed limits: Areas such as construction zones are indicated with a specific speed limit that’s optimal for driving. Drivers, especially those operating a big rig are meant to survey the roads as a result of the reduced speed limit.
- Wrong loading of trucks: When the loads are wrongly placed on the trucks, there’s a high tendency of imbalance. This will make it easy for the truck to swerve easily during sharp turnings on the highway.
- Inability to use blind spot mirrors: Blind spot mirrors will indicate the cars that are generally not obvious with the side mirrors. Failure to do so will be drastic.
Trucking companies are also to blame. A good truck accident attorney will help you investigate to see where the truck company involved in your case has conflicted with these mistakes well. Examples of mistakes trucking companies make, which can help with your personal injury case, includes:
- Poor maintenance of their trucks
- Unreasonable deadline demands
- Improper training of drivers: In the quest to cut down the cost of proper drivers’ training, trucking companies overlook its importance.
What Are The Victims Supposed To Do In Cases Of Truck Accidents In Las Vegas?
It has almost become a tradition for the trucking firms to either send in their investigators to play down the extent of the accident or to try to negotiate a lesser payment for the victims. This doesn’t seem right. If you have been involved in a trucking accident, it is best NOT to talk to the insurance company of the trucking company BEFORE you speak to a personal injury attorney.
The first step is to contact a Las Vegas, personal injury attorney. A good lawyer will ensure that you get your full compensation. At Cap and Kudler, we usually advise our clients never to agree on any negotiations with the trucking firms that are responsible for the big rig accident. This is to ensure that all legal processes are met so that they can adequately receive fair compensation after discussions with their insurance company.
In as much as we know that you want an immediate payment for the loss of your properties and perhaps, loved ones, you have to be patient by contacting us. Our experienced personal injury lawyers have the technical skills in representing you by investigating your case for a proper gathering of evidence. Do you genuinely need competent and professional personal injury lawyers? If yes, then give us a call right away.